Google ads provide multiple ways when it comes to bidding on your keywords. Finding a bidding optimization strategy that specifies your results isn’t so hard. A good bidding optimization strategy can help increase your ad ranks as well as your ROI (return on investment). In terms of figuring out where to start, it could be a bit complicated to understand GoogleAds.
Bidding Optimization Strategy Options
There are a few different options based on what you plan to do such as generate more clicks, impressions, or conversions.
Two Bidding Optimization Strategy Methods
- Automated Bidding: With automated bidding, you do the least amount of work possible. You set a maximum daily budget, Google takes care of the rest by letting Google Ads automatically tweak your cost per click (CPC) bids based on market fluctuations.
- If you choose the option to do automatic bidding, then focus on these 3 things: clicks, conversions, and impressions.
- Maximizing clicks is your best friend. It is the simplest way to bid for clicks. Just set a daily budget and then Google Ads system automatically manages your bids to bring you the most clicks within your budget.
- Manual Bidding: You can adjust bids at the ad group or even keyword level, allowing you to focus bids on your biggest winners and reduce spend on poor performers.
Another advanced technique would be:
- Cost Per Action (CPA): this represents how much you pay to acquire one customer. You let Google know what your maximum CPA is. This is a great tool for new advertisers who don’t want to spend too much. You can use a target CPA to help increase conversions while targeting a specific cost per action.
How would we use Bidding Optimization Strategies?
We now know about Automated bidding and Manual bidding, so lets put them to use.
- Figure out your target audience
- What are your goals and budget?
- Your budget should be based on the number of clicks
For more information, check out the Google Ads Help to see what you can learn about Bidding Optimization Strategies.